We are excited about the 2014 SPT conference. The following is the information about the upcoming conference:
Dates: June 19-21, 2014
Place: Courtyard Marriott in Decatur, Georgia.
Theme: “Pastoral Theological Engagements with Positive Psychology”
Plenary speakers: Matthias Beier, Karen Scheib, and Fulgence Nyengele.
Luncheon Speaker: Carolyn Bohler
Work-In-Progress: Bruce Rogers-Vaughn and Pamela Cooper-White (This year, we have two works-in-progress)
A total of five workshops will be offered, and we are currently accepting proposals. The workshop topic need not be the same as the conference theme. Proposals (one paragraph) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
Eight study groups will meet at the conference. Directly contact the chairpersons for the guidelines of paper proposals and deadlines.
- The Church and Christian Formation: Karen Scheib (email@example.com<> ) and Charles Scalise (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Religious Practices and Pastoral Research: Leonard Hummel (email@example.com), Mary Moschella (firstname.lastname@example.org), Raynard Smith (email@example.com)
- Embodiment: Jennifer Baldwin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brain Sciences and Pastoral Theology: David Hogue (email@example.com) and Esther Acolatse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue: Gregory Ellison (email@example.com) and Kathleen Greider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spirituality and/in Pastoral Practices: Duane Bidwell (email@example.com) and Francesca Nuzzolese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Postcolonialism, Globalization, and Pastoral Care: Cedric Johnson (email@example.com) and Fulgence Nyengele (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Theological Dimensions of Family Study Group (TDFSG): Penny L. Taylor (PennyLeeTalor@yahoo.com) and William G. “Bill” Ressl email@example.com
There will be a pre-conference workshop for racial/ethnic pastoral theologians and practitioners on June 18 (dinner) and in the morning on June 19 (presentations and dialogue). More details on the conference will be provided in the spring newsletter.
Looking Ahead: Conference Sites
We are scheduled to meet in the following city in year 2015: Chicago, IL